[postgis-devel] PostGIS function costs

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed May 11 19:19:39 PDT 2016

On 5/5/2016 11:35 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
> I’m going to prepare a PR which sets costs for most functions. These
> initial costs will probably need adjustment over time, but I’d like to
> get some evidence-based costs in place, even if they'll need later
> adjustment.

I've done an initial pass adding costs to functions which take a single
polygon, or a single polygon and other non-geometry arguments. You can
see the diff in the form of a PR at
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/104. Some comments would be
appreciated before I look at non-polygon functions and functions which
take multiple geometries.