[postgis-devel] Vote Proposed 2.3.1 release around Nov 28th

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Nov 12 08:42:00 PST 2016

I'd like to get out a PostGIS 2.3.1 release around Nov 28th and perhaps a
PostGIS 2.2.4 (around that time as well).

+1 from me to start.

For PostGIS 2.3.1 we have a couple of critical bug fixes already committed
that weren't in 2.2

1) BRIN Support index corruption and memory leak fix #3665 -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3665
2) ST_Segmentize geography regression Bug -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3667

(I am planning to roll back the OSX hack put in before release time -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3643
But would like confirmation from folks they are okay with that)

Of the critical fixes that both 2.2 and 2.3 share are

1) Crash on Collection(MultiCurve)  -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3652
2) Fix upgrade of aggregates from 2.2 or lower version
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3656

I should also add that since GEOS 3.6.0 recently came out, for those
building with that, the new functions in 2.3 (ST_MinimumClearance*) that
rely on it 3.6 will become operable if you build with GEOS 3.6.0
And I think strk is planning on a 3.6.1 release shortly too.

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.3/ST_MinimumClearanceLine.html

Thanks,
Regina