[postgis-devel] Failing regression tests on Fedora

Petr Kubat pkubat at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 04:01:31 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get Postgis regression tests working on a Fedora 24
system but I am running into some test case issues I did not manage to
fix so I wanted to discuss them. I hope I am in the right mailing list
to do so.
First of all, the 'interrupt_buffer' regression test case sometimes does
not finish and seems to be hanging on the following SQL command:

select ST_Buffer(g,100) from _inputs WHERE id = 1;

So far I am not sure what is causing this not being interrupted properly.
The second issue I have is with the 'check_gdal' raster regressions test
case, which is failing on me due to the following command not changing
gdal's data path:

SET postgis.gdal_datapath = '';

 From what I have been able to find about setting gdal's data path, on
Linux it seems to be baked into gdal itself and should not be able to be
changed? However, looking at the regression test running in Postgis CI
they also seem to be running on a Linux system and the test case in
question completes without any failures. Is this perhaps some
configuration mistake on my part?

Both of these issues are happening on the following configuration:

PostgreSQL 9.6.0 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 6.2.1
20160916 (Red Hat 6.2.1-2), 64-bit
   Postgis 2.3.0 - r15146 - 2016-10-19 10:27:01
   scripts 2.3.0 r15146
   raster scripts 2.3.0 r15146
   GEOS: 3.5.0-CAPI-1.9.0 r4084
   PROJ: Rel. 4.9.2, 08 September 2015
   GDAL: GDAL 2.1.1, released 2016/07/07

I have tried running the regression tests on lower versions of both
PostgreSQL (9.5.4, 9.4.9) and Postgis (2.2.2) but without any luck. I
will be tankful for every and any hint at fixing these test cases.
Thanks, Petr