[postgis-devel] extras/tiger_geocoder/upgrade_geocoder.bat and CRLF

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 8 08:51:13 PDT 2017

Strk,

> On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 02:12:21PM -0700, Regina Obe wrote:
>> New Revision: 15541
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/extras/tiger_geocoder/upgrade_geocoder.bat
>> Log:
>> adds trailing white space.

> Uhm ?
> Are you intentionally adding trailing white spaces ?
> Why ?
> Note that .editorconfig requests to drop them...

That was a typo in my commit log-  it should have read "Add final new line".

 After you committed I tested again, made a minor change by taking out the pause line and then adding it back and resaving in my editor.
What I noticed after I compared was that my editor insisted on adding a new line (CRLF) at the end of the file, but all new line feeds were CRLF as they should be.
I committed that after noticing we do have a rule in editorconfig that says this.

insert_final_newline = true

Now the question I have is if you had edited the file with your editor, why did the file not have a new line at the end?  When that was something our editorconfig rule says it should have.

> BTW, reading the diff it actually looks to me that you are
> instead stripping CRs again with this commit :(

> --strk;
Okay this doesn't look like what I'm seeing as mentioned about

Thanks,
Regina