[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Github or Gitea (OSGeo Git) or stay on SVN

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 9 06:57:35 PDT 2017

Darafei,

I think the issues you faced wouldn't matter if we were on github, gogs, or svn and we'll still have at the very least a Github mirror for the very reasons you mentioned.

The reason half your PR for parallelization did not go thru is because I intentionally deleted them.  I did not want them in 2.3 and wanted to think about them for 2.4.

So that has nothing to do with github/svn

The travis issue with not being able to test was because our travis was broken.  I think regardless which we choose, our laziness about fixing bots is not going to change.

The other patch about the points index optimizations that was then again me deliberating.  There is  some stuff there I have not committed and some I might revert because I wanted to do more tests on real data and some tests I did I did not see much of an improvement and in some cases slower.

So as far as your commits it shouldn't matter whether github, git whatever.  I’d still want to study and cut things out I don't think should be in there.

Thanks,

Regina