[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Change PostGIS library name to drop the minor

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Wed Aug 30 02:22:12 PDT 2017

I think we need someone to set up experiment, if it is possible to symlink
just any library before update, or if it should really match. If it's not
called in upgrade and stuff like autovacuum/autoanalyze/whatever uses
postgis functions silently are shut down, it may happen that just presence
of a shim is enough.

Looking at linux .../lib directories, it's common for liblibrary-1.2.3 to
have a symlink from liblibrary-1.2 and from liblibrary-1 and from
liblibrary.so. It may also be a way to deal with it.