[postgis-devel] GDAL OUT-DB RASTER SUPPORT

Osahon Oduware osahon.gis at gmail.com
Thu May 11 03:28:54 PDT 2017

Hi Regina,

Regarding funding as mentioned in your mail below, I spoke with the C.E.O
of the GIS firm for whom I am undergoing this research and *he would like
to know how much funding would be required for these functionalities to be
implemented*.

The firm already have these functionalities working on ORACLE (spatial)
database, but I am undergoing this research so that a decision can be made
for a possible switch to PostgreSQL/PostGIS for future projects. A lot
depends on these functionalities, especially the Out-DB rasters being
viewed on QGIS with similar performance (in terms of speed) as currently
being achieved with ORACLE/GeoMedia. The PostgreSQL/PostGIS performance
with Vector data has been satisfactory so far.

I look forward to hearing from you.