[postgis-devel] Duplicate tags appearing in postgis git repo

John Harvey john.harvey at crunchydata.com
Mon May 22 05:19:08 PDT 2017

Hi strk,

John, any chance you have easy tooling to make these checks ?
> You can see the changes are really small and mostly on documentation
> or build script tweaks.

Sounds good to me.

Below are the results of my analysis:

   1. 4 out of 7 of the tags are good to go with their new tag placement.
   As you had suspected, the later commits did in fact make it into final the
   source tarballs.  These include: 2.1.3, 2.1.6, 2.1.7, 2.2.0rc1.
   2. 2.2.0 is also safe to keep in its new location based on your
   analysis.  There are 3 commits and 3 reversions, making the effective
   latest commit the same functionally as the old tag.  I'm good with keeping
   the tag at it's new location.
   3. 2.0.3 is a case where the new tag placement is broken.  The source
   tarball was created before the latest commit.  So, for consistency, we need
   a solution here, which may just be as simple as reverting the latest commit
   in svn and then tagging that location, or moving the tag back to its old
   location.
   4. I'm unsure if there ever was a release package for 2.1.0beta1.  I
   could not find it, nor could I find a release notification in the blog
   history.  If there was one, I'd be happy to inspect it; however, if there
   wasn't, I'm okay with the new location since it doesn't really matter too
   much.

Regards,
  -John