[postgis-devel] [geos-devel] GEOS C++ API deprecated? (was: PostGIS 2.5 what should be minimum requirements?)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sun Oct 1 13:17:59 PDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 10:05:43PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> I only ask Sandro, as the GEOS leader/PSC member to answer one question:
>
> Do you plan to practically deprecate GEOS C++ API and stop installing
> GEOS C++ headers?

I don't have such plan, but it could be an idea to make it more
noisy to use (like print a warning at compile time) or harder to
install (like a ./configure switch to do so).

A look at this list:
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/Applications
shows that node-geos, osgEarth and Osmium library
are the only known C++ users.