[postgis-devel] CMake support

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 3 12:56:03 PDT 2017

I honestly don't think we can support two build environments a CMake one and an autoconf one.  So unless we are willing to ditch the autoconf one for CMake I'm not seeing much of a point.

The main reason I was interested way back in CMake was because of the window 64-bit issues I was having and the possibility we might need to use VC++.

I don't see anyone jumping around lately screaming for a VS build environment for PostGIS and if they are they should be putting in the work for it and be willing to maintain it.

I'm pretty happy with Mingw64 / autotools chain building.

I don’t' see what benefit CMake buys me as far as PostGIS.  Geos ironically I use the CMake (still using mingw64 for the building)  instead of the autotools cause it seems to work faster and all the tests pass.

Thanks,
Regina