[postgis-devel] lwgeom_*_in_place()

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 04:40:49 PDT 2017

Had a short talk with Sandro about it and we agreed that a shorter name
would be nice.

Our suggestion is _mu (as in mutate).

Not sure on the cost/benefits for applying this in a API breaking way
though:

1. _rw -> _mu (doesn't seem to dangerous?)
2. existing mutating functions that does *not* have any postfix
(potentially dangerous but would be nice for consistency?)

I really would like consistency but uncertain on the dangers.

/Björn