[postgis-devel] META.json in postgis extension dir

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sun Oct 8 10:50:07 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 11:37:53PM +0000, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
> pgxn is able to install just from github branch export, if META is there,
> like this:
>
> pgxn install https://github.com/gojuno/lostgis/archive/master.zip

Then I guess we should add a note about it in the HOWTO_RELEASE
file because it contains version info and it's easy for it to
get out-of-sync with the other centralized version. For example
extension/postgis/META.json currently says we are at 2.2.0 while
Version.config says we're at 2.5.0dev...

Or really we should drop it.