[postgis-devel] extension from unpackaged of old version (was: Allowing use of PostGIS EXTENSION w/out raster)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Oct 9 02:14:55 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 04:39:22AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Sandro wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it may make sense to *always* include rtpostgis_upgrade in
> > the unpackaged--current upgrade script, or it could still fail, no ?

> Give that a try.  I suspect it might fail.  I don't think unpackaged
> is supposed to have anything but
>
> ALTERE EXTENSION  ... ADD ...;
>
> Otherwise you are kinda violating the meaning of unpackaged.

If the CREATE EXTENSION X FROM UNPACKAGED is supposed to only work
when the unpackaged is the same version as the target extension
version we should make sure to add a check in that upgrade script
to avoid violation of that meaning. Could you please ticket this
as a bug ?

The bug would be: `CREATE EXTENSION xx FROM UNPACKAGED` results in
corrupted database (leaving old signatures behind). Right ?