[postgis-devel] PSC Vote PostGIS Committer Guideline changes

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 13 08:37:26 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 06:56:20AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>

> > I think "git pulls and git" should not be a requirement.
> > Installing all testing support and passing "make check"
> > before committing should be.
>
> For some defn's of the word "all". I don't run SFCGAL tests. (Because I'm
> lazy.) But if I wasn't lazy I wouldn't be testing the "without SFCGAL"
> case, which is also a valid setup needing coverage.

Agreed, similarly for DEBUG/NODEBUG.
It's good for different committers to have diverse environments.
Now that all bots look the same (damn Docker!) it's even more
important.

Let's then say "having a success from make check before committing",
w/out mentioning all deps.

And of course we'd need more diverse bots too...