[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.4.0beta1 is released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 2 17:08:59 PDT 2017

Greg,

Thanks for the extensive feedback.  Much appreciated.

>> The PostGIS development team is pleased to announce the release of
> > PostGIS 2.4.0beta1.

> I tested on NetBSD 7, amd64, with (because that's what was installed):

  > PostgreSQL 9.3.18 on x86_64--netbsd, compiled by gcc (nb2 20150115)
4.8.5, 64-bit
 >  Postgis 2.4.0beta1 - r15614 - 2017-09-02 16:57:24
 >  scripts 2.4.0beta1 r15614
 >  GEOS: 3.6.2-CAPI-1.10.2 4d2925d6
 >  PROJ: Rel. 4.9.3, 15 August 2016

> and tests passed, modulo two "interrupted late" issues, similar to those I
reported long ago with 2.3.x (and didn't ever pursue hard enough to fix).

Yah those interrupt tests fail a lot on our bots and I have them turned off
by default on most.  I think we'll need to turn them off by default in
configure until we have them fixed.
I'm going to do that in next PostGIS 2.4.0 beta or RC.

Strk you have issue with that?

I've ticketed as a blocker here -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3827

> Two warnings that I don't remember from before and seem not quite right:

 >  build:

> gcc -I../../liblwgeom -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I/usr/pkg/include
-I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/krb5  -fPIC -DPIC
-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -I/usr/pkg/include  -I/usr/pkg/include -

> I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include/krb5  -c -o rt_raster.o rt_raster.c
> rt_raster.c: In function 'rt_raster_to_gdal_mem':
> rt_raster.c:1966:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strnicmp'
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 >    if (strnicmp(pszDataPointer, "0x", 2) == 0)
 >   ^

> I think this is #defined to strncasecmp, which needs <strings.h>

> check:

> (I realize this is some kind poor man's polymorphism, but given that this
is C I would expect some kind of inline function (or maybe a macro) to do
type-safe casting.  I admit to not reading the make check output from
earlier versions.)

I've been bad about looking at warnings myself because I think we still have
many.  So I'll have to check to see if I see the same issues.

I've ticketed the issue here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3828

If you want to provide a patch that would be great and then I can verify
things still work with the patch in place on debian, Ubuntu, newest freebsd,
and windows.

Thanks,
Regina