[postgis-devel] geom_name

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 7 11:56:34 PDT 2017

> We should ask about API changing, I'm sure Regina would say we're done, which effectively means done-for-all-time, since changing public function signatures is basically impossible one they are done.

I'm fine with you changing the API now before final 2.4.0 release.  I promised no new functions, not no new API changes to new 2.4 functions.

I think it would be good to drop the old signature in the postgis_drop_before.sql  since some people have already started using the MVT functions.

If it impacts existing code, we should also put in BREAKING CHANGE for postgis -2.4.0  the change so people are warned and know how to change their code if they were using an earlier postgis 2.4.0dev

Thanks,

Regina