[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.4.0rc2 released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Sep 26 21:26:33 PDT 2017

>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 08:18:11PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>>> grep: .gitignore: No such file or directory
>>> GNUmakefile:41: recipe for target 'check-no-trailing-blanks' failed
>
>>> I think we should to include .gitignore in distribution.
>>> Creating the distro via make_dist.sh should do the right thing,
>>> Regina are you not using that script ?
>>
>>> --strk;
>
>>  No not using that but I'll take a look and patch up debbie's script.

> I don't understand why you aren't using the standard script.  It's
> important for the release process to be repeatable, so that the mapping
> from bits in the VCS to the tarball is entirely deterministic.  Using a
> different script that other people can't see and can't fix loses that
> property.

The script is in a osgeo gogs git repo.  Anyway we'll change in 2.5.  It's a long story but most of the reason is that when I do it with the buildbot, the script includes
posting the tarballs to our website and some other things too hard to explain.  So it's repeatable at least.

But anyrate strk and I discussed as to how to split and revise some other issues with the make dist why I can't use it as is and I'll split out the move to a separate script that calls the main make dist first.

Thanks,
Regina