[postgis-devel] Adding 4D support to asGeoJson

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Feb 5 01:29:27 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 12:12:08PM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Having the data drive it would result in a change of behaviour relative to the current baseline (currently 4d geoms are truncated to 3d outputs). However, I tend to be more on your side, but only because the world already has too many configuration knobs.

But then again that's why in topology I made the distinction between
"standard defined" ("ST_" prefixed) and "postgis-proper" (unprefixed)
function. Postgis-proper you can decide on your own to drop any knob,
but standard-defined should follow the standard.

Minor thing: if you have 3d and want 2d output an additional call
to ST_Force2D would be more expensive than instructing the output
function about only considering the first 2 dimensions.