[postgis-devel] [MOTION] add Raúl Marín Rodríguez as committer

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Wed Feb 21 23:20:34 PST 2018

A thing that makes me worry: in
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/217#pullrequestreview-98291942
Dan Baston says he hadn't seen a link we're asked to sign with blood when
getting committer rights.

Can we make sure everyone is playing by the same rules somehow? There could
be others.

I would expect that Dan is exception from these rules by being one in the
bootstrap list at the end of the document and "New committers are
responsible for having read, and understood this document." implying that
there are old committers that may not have read and/or understood it, but
he are not on that list.

At the very least reading and agreeing to that would help Dan update his
copyrights himself on commits and close merged git PRs by using "Closes:
link".

I've tried to find a thread where Dan commits to the guidelines and my
google-fu isn't that good.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiComitGuidelines#CommitterTracking
suggests
there's a file named CREDITS that holds the list.
That file became a redirect since,
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/blob/svn-trunk/CREDITS
Offline link leads to README, maybe it should go to source of the doc of
online link instead, as README doesn't hold credits in it?