[postgis-devel] Contribution rules (was: [MOTION] add Raúl Marín Rodríguez as committer)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Feb 22 06:07:41 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 07:20:34AM +0000, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:

> Can we make sure everyone is playing by the same rules somehow?

That's why it is important for me that all committers are on the
mailing list. Rules-writing is not the best thing to do with bug
trackers.

PostGIS project is not only made of code but also management
tasks, which are as well performed in an open and community-oriented
way. If you can help cleaning up documentations and clarify/discuss
rules you're welcome.

> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiComitGuidelines#CommitterTracking
> suggests
> there's a file named CREDITS that holds the list.

The definitive current committers list can be obtained from
following link:
https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/group?group=postgis
Only OSGeo users can follow that link, but that reflects the
technically allowed people who can commit to SVN repository.

> That file became a redirect since,
> https://github.com/postgis/postgis/blob/svn-trunk/CREDITS
> Offline link leads to README, maybe it should go to source of the doc of
> online link instead, as README doesn't hold credits in it?

The README file tells you how to generate the documentation,
the documentation contains the credits (doc/introduction.xml,
sect1 id="credits_other_contributors")