[postgis-devel] Code formatting digging in

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Feb 22 09:06:59 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 08:33:14AM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Isn't he removing spaces in both?

Oops, you're right, wrong selection of snippet:

In this ones he removes in first line and adds in second line:

-               if ( ret ) return ret;
-               for (gn=0; gn<GEOSGetNumInteriorRings(g_in); ++gn)
+               if (ret) return ret;
+               for (gn = 0; gn < GEOSGetNumInteriorRings(g_in); ++gn)

> Shall we do another 12 rounds on auto-formatters?

I think the last round ended with: no auto-formatter unless we can
ensure all contributors have an easy way to obtain the same output
from the auto-formatter (it's where we failed with astyle).