[postgis-devel] postgis 2.4.3 (and 2.3.6) release?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jan 12 21:25:18 PST 2018

>"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

>> Strk, dustymugs
>>
>> You two okay with a release say this weekend.
>>
>> I might be a bit busy this weekend but I'll try to get to it at least
clean up all the loose ends so not much to cleanup next week.

>> Paul said he can't do this weekend but can probably release Monday if I
haven't already released.

>> Packagers -- do you all need a longer than a day's heads up for a
>> release notice?  Let us know, I suppose we could push another week if
>> needed.

> Is what you are going to release already available to test?

It's available in the 2.4 and 2.3 branches both strk and Paul committed
their work.  No more changes will be made before release.

Key urgent thing for this release are the fix for BRIN and the ST_Transform
schema qualification issue.

How about this I'll try to do a soft launch this weekend.  I'll create the
tar ball, but not put it on the official downloads location.
We won't make any official announcements until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks,
Regina