[postgis-devel] ST_Buffer - single sided option

Stephen Knox stephenknox73 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:56:20 PST 2018

Hi List,

I noticed that PostGIS didn't implement the single-sided buffer
functionality of Geos (NB. not the Offset Curve functionality, but a
polygon), so have submitted a patch to implement that:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3989

I have refrained from adding tests and documentation until I get some
agreement that the function signature is acceptable, as I am a new
contributor, and I think the ST_Buffer signature is already quit "unusual"
in that it implements text parameters.

I was hoping that post the recent patch releases, a more experienced
contributor might be able to look at my (small) patch and give some
feedback.

I can put it up on Github as well if that would help.

Many thanks

Stephen