[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3 thought experiment

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 13:25:27 PST 2018

On hash key thing - not sure if I understand the need completely but I did
use (and included) uthash (1) when doing the protobuf formats encoders.
Macro magic.. but generic and fast.

Darafei mentioned GeoJSON FeatureCollection direct output which I also have
missed on several occasions. Could probably reuse some of the stuff I made
for protobuf formats to implement it, so I'd like to tackle that one some
day if no one gets to it before me.

New serialization format + compression scheme + uncompressed header sounds
cool (but hard).

1) https://troydhanson.github.io/uthash/

PS. *secret shameful wish* - in a far away galaxy I dream of geometry
predicates, operations and PostGIS itself in modular Rust. That dream
includes me learning and becoming good at Rust too...

/Björn