[postgis-devel] Cannot load library in cygwin PostGIS 2.4 build

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 6 23:55:00 PDT 2018

The PostGIS 2.4 doesn't have to be in system path, it should be in your lib folder of PostgreSQL.

I haven't used Cygwin in a while, and surprised it works, since I don't think anyone has been testing Cygwin compilation for PostGIS  in quite some time.

I compile under mingw64, the default install structure I get is

Pg11\lib (though PostGIS make install automatically puts it in the folder).

I think Cygwin might have it as pg11\lib\postgresql or something like that

And then the dependencies for PostGIS would go in pg11\bin – you should have a geos_c.dll, geos.dll, libproj-12.dll (might be libproj-9.dll if you are using < 4.9), libgdal-20.dll and all its dependencies, libxml2-2.dll

Then you can add to your system path.  I usually have a launch script that adds these to a local launch path so I can swap out versions for testing and not clutter up my postgresql bin folder.

.