[postgis-devel] Cannot load library in cygwin PostGIS 2.4 build

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jun 15 09:08:32 PDT 2018

PostGIS install scripts wouldn't copy those because those are usually installed in system folder or by PostgreSQL installer and may be shared by other programs and have their own dependencies (e.g GDAL can have 100 depencies)

The install script would only copy the postgis extension libs to the pg**/lib folder and the extension scripts to pg**/share/extension and share/contrib/postgis-2.4

For windows packaging I have a script for deploy the dependencies apart from PostGIS install.