[postgis-devel] Aggregate STYPE -C SQL API breakage

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Mar 7 05:17:31 PST 2018

So we have a new backwards compatibility requirement in 2.x releases?
Uh, alright.
Actually the C signatures stayed the same, interestingly enough, so I
bet a 2.5 .so is *almost* compatible with a 2.4 SQL install, with the
exception of the transfn which now allocates the pgis_abs in aggregate
memory context. That *might* cause memory bloat I'm not 100% sure.
P.