[postgis-devel] Bit setting to compress PostGIS geometries

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:22:24 PST 2018

Agreed, nothing will be compressed if the user selects an incompressible
storage type. We could use a function name that describes exactly what it
does ("postgis_zero_out_bits_not_required_to_maintain_specified_precision")
but I don't think that really creates less confusion (for one, it doesn't
convey why you would want to do this). I'm very open to other ideas, though.

Dan