[postgis-devel] EOL 2.2 after 2.2.7

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Fri Mar 30 05:50:14 PDT 2018

Given that we depend on minimal Postgres versions in our decisions, can we
give EOL dates for each PostGIS release in advance then?

Basically make a join of
https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
and
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS

This way EOL for 2.2 is EOL of 9.1  -  September 2016
EOL for 2.3 is EOL of 9.2 - September 2017
EOL for 2.4 is EOL of 9.3 - September 2018

This way 2.4 lives just for a year though and EOLs with a release of 2.5 -
is that a desired thing?
If 2.5 accidentially supports 9.3, shall we EOL it right at release?