[postgis] Re: The Next Level(polygon clipping)

mbdavis mbdavis at vividsolutions.com
Wed Aug 1 08:35:42 PDT 2001

As the JTS developer, I'll stick my 2 cents in here...

Paul's right, currently there is no connection between JTS and PostGIS.
That connection is obviously desirable, but how to achieve it is currently a
research issue (mostly conducted over beers in the pub, so far...).  It
seems unlikely that we'll be able to use the Java version of JTS on the
server side.  However, it may be that using JTS on the client-side is
sufficient for some applications.

I hope to make a version of JTS available on the Web in the next couple of
months.

By the way, the Java2D Area *does* support holes, via the use of the
subtract method.