[postgis] 'real' contains, touches, overlaps etc.

mbdavis mbdavis at vividsolutions.com
Tue Aug 28 12:49:56 PDT 2001

Aw c'mon - robust determinants aren't *that* hard.  8^)

In JTS we're using the approach of Avanim et al.
(described at http://www-sop.inria.fr/prisme/logiciel/determinant.html
This is a very nice tutorial about why robustness is a serious problem, as
well).

This is only part of what you need to do to correctly handle boundaries,
however.  There's a lot of complex code needed to keep track of the
combinatorial aspects of the problem.  (At least there is in our
implementation - if someone has a simple method of doing this I'd like to
see it!).

Martin