[postgis] Windows cygwin build

Erik Brenn erikbrenn at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 04:31:57 PDT 2001

Hi,

I'm currently running PostGIS 0.2 on Cygwin and it seems to be working
nicely. The PostgreSQL Windows ODBC driver also works nicely towards the
pgsql/Cygwin.

If you have any more specific compiling questions feel free to email me and
maybe I can help you!

regards,
Erik Brenn
Senior consultant
Blom International

>From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net>
>To: postgis at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [postgis] Windows cygwin build
>Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:46:16 -0700
>
>Hi Doug,
>I will be attempting to do compiles on CygWin over the next couple
>weeks, and may try to do some packaging, however, no promises. I am also
>going to be working on a proposal for some gov't grant dollars to
>support PostGIS development, which is pretty important also :)
>Definately, in an ideal world we would have RPMs, DEBs, setup.exe's and
>PKGs, however, all that takes work and thus far the amount of
>compensation we have been able to derive from PostGIS work has been
>pretty limited. Our optimism knows no bounds, however :)
>TTYL,
>Paul
>
>DeeNebert wrote:
> >
> > I have cygwin installed on my Windows 2000 Pro system but
> > am still unable to compile things correctly though I seem to
> > be able to run executables compiled elsewhere. Can someone
> > provide (or maybe even post at refractions on a regular basis)
> > the full postgres/postgis installation for cygwin?
> >
> > Doug.

>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of
VeriSign's FREE Guide "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM