[postgis] PostGIS Support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 19 21:52:49 PDT 2001

Steve / Dave,

I have checked preliminary PostGIS support into the MapServer CVS tree.
Things should build clean when it isn't enabled, but you will need to
retrun configure and friends since there is a new file, and new control
options in Makefile.in.

I wasn't able to get it working here, but I suspect that this is because
my PostGIS code is out of date.  I will try again tomorrow.

I have installed a bunch of logic in configure.in so that configure can
call "pg_config" to get library and include file information to link
PostGIS. This all seems to connect up and work well.

I also removed use of FLT_MAX in mappostgis.c since this is a frequent
portability problem and didn't exist in utilized include files on my
system.  There is also hacky logic about determining the platform
endianness in mappostgis.c that will need to be generalized.

Let me know if you find any configure/build problems after a clean update,
configure and build.

Best regards,