[postgis] About description of usage of C Clients (libpq) in PostGIS Manual

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jul 24 08:34:18 PDT 2001

> Hisaji ONO wrote:
>
>  I've tried to use PostGIS in cygwin's PostgreSQL 7.1,2 on WinNT 4.0
> Server SP6.0a for a month. I've been very impressed with this
> extension's performance which can handle large-scale geospatial data.
>
>  I'd like to use a function of C Clients (libpq) of PostGIS to create
> some applications, but still no description in PostGIS Manual.
>
>  When will it be available?

Sorry the doco still lags. However, since presumably you are a C
programmer there is an example bundled with the 0.5 code, under
examples/wkb_reader. That program has code which attaches to a
PostGIS/PostgreSQL server with libpq and reads features out using
Well-Known Binary. It might be enough to get you going.
Paul

--
      __
     /