[postgis] Spatial Query

Doug Nebert dn at mapcontext.com
Thu Jun 14 06:06:51 PDT 2001

I would like to know the syntax or references to such examples
that would facilitate a query of a point dataset with a circle (point
and radius) area of interest. Basically I want to quickly clip out
all points falling in a circle and then use the result to sum one of
the columns for the selected region.

Where, if anywhere, might there be a reference set of example
spatial operators (encloses, overlaps, touches, etc) and primitives
for PostgreSQL?  Does it truly follow the Simple Features SQL
specification from OpenGIS?

Doug.