[postgis-users] HELP does anybody use create index rtree ? or gisttrees ?

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Thu Jun 28 19:06:35 PDT 2001

Perhaps this will tell you what you would like to know:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/x545.html

molinet wrote:

> Hello
> I want to create an index on geometry point like
> create index rtrville on ville using rtree(coord_ville);
> I have the following error :
> PostgreSQL error message: error: defineindex type point has no default
> operator class
> Does somebody can help me ?
> What are the features for rtree index and the performances ? Why do
> Postgis use gist index ?
> thanks
> MOLINET S.

Robert Burgholzer
al·go·rithm  n.
       A step-by-step problem-solving procedure, especially an established, recursive computational
       procedure for solving a problem in a finite number of steps. Invented by Al Gore.
rburghol at vt.edu
http://www.soulswimmer.net/