[postgis] Initial Release of PostGIS
dblasby at refractions.net
Thu May 31 15:49:24 PDT 2001
Refractions Research is pleased to announce the inital release of
PostGIS, a set of 3-D geographic object types for the PostgreSQL 7.1.x
PostGIS includes the following functionality:
- Simple Features as defined by the OpenGIS Consortium (OGC)
- Polygon (with holes)
- The text representation of the simple features is the OGC
Well-Known Text format.
- Geometries can be indexed using either R-Tree (not recommended) or
- Simple geospatial analysis functions.
- PostgreSQL JDBC extension objects corresponding to the geometries.
PostGIS is released under the GNU General Public Licence.
For more information, visit the PostGIS web site,
http://postgis.refractions.net or join the discussion list by sending a
message to postgis-subscribe at yahoogroups.com .
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
postgis-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
More information about the postgis-users