[postgis] Re: problem when install on redhat 86

lzw63china lzw63china at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 19:28:10 PDT 2001

I'm so sorry that I have not installed the postgresql7.1.2 correctly.
I have make completely install of the redhat 7.1(that include the
postgressql7.0.3), then I installed the postgresql7.1.2, and stop the
old version by :
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql stop  (redhat provided shell)
and run the postgresql by :
postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql &
but this may be run the old version, I don't know where the old
version is installed.

The right use of new version of 7.1.2 is
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &

after do that I have successfully installed the postgis( all
version), and can run it well.

thank you very much for help me!

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/