[postgis] Problem with query.

Petri J. Riipinen petri.riipinen at nic.fi
Fri Oct 26 09:16:55 PDT 2001

Hi folks,

I'm trying to execute this kind of query:
--------------------
SELECT GID, AsText(the_geom) AS geom, cityname
FROM cities
WHERE the_geom && GeometryFromText('BOX3D(3330000 6826000, 3331000
6827000)',-1);
--------------------

And this is what I get in response:
-------------------------------------
ERROR: couldnt parse objects in GEOMETRY
-------------------------------------

Otherwise I can do queries into that table just fine.

What could be wrong? I can't see any significant difference with the
example query shown in PostGIS docs.

- Petri

PS. The 'cities'-table was originally imported to PostgreSQL with the
shp2pgsql-program from PostGIS.
   Petri J. Riipinen
petri.riipinen at nic.fi

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM