[postgis] Re: PostGIS 0.6 installation on Windows NT

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Fri Oct 26 10:01:00 PDT 2001

gundamdx at yahoo.com writes:

>Hello ..
>i currentlty setting up PostgreSQL + PostGIS 0.6.0 on my computer
>(PIII 450, 256MB Ram). Actually i may sucessfully install cygwin
>stuffs and the postgresql database can run correctly.. However, i
>come into the follow error when compiling postgis :
>
>In function `main':
>/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
>0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:156: undefined reference to `PQconnectdb'
>/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
>0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:160: undefined reference to `PQstatus'
>/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-
>0.6.1/loader/pgsql2shp.c:163: undefined reference to `PQerrorMessage'
>(omitting the rest)
>
>It seems that it may not be able to link with some kind of
>libraries ...
>can anyone tell me how can i fix the problem?

Attached find a 'fixed'  loader / Makefile

FYI
I successfuly built PostGIS-0.6.1 against postgresql-7.1.3
with Cygwin this morning.  I could pass the files along to
be added to the ftp site but .....
I use a development version of Cygwin 1.3.4 and would prefer
to wait for the 'official' release < pending >.

Those feeling comfortable using the LATEST 'snapshot' version of Cygwin
can find a tarball of the files at
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/cygwin/cyg_postgis-0.6.1.tar.gz
if you don't know what a 'snapshot' version of Cygwin is .... please
wait for the libraries to be built against the upcoming Cygwin release

Cheers

Norman

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM