[postgis] Compiling MapServer for PostGis on Windows NT

Nicolas Ribot nicol at ribot.com
Tue Oct 30 01:05:21 PST 2001

Norman,

Youpi !!
Your email gave me the definitive clue to resolve my problem:
In fact, I have downloaded regex yesterday, but have only use it in the MAKEFILE.VC file (windows compilation).
This file contains 2 lines to force the regexp compilation.

The linux/cygwin makefile has these two lines but with empty values:
REGEX_OBJ=
REGEX_INC=

I just provided values for these variables:

REGEX_OBJ=./regex-0.12/regex.o
REGEX_INC=-I./regex-0.12

And It works:
I can now see nice maps with my compiled mapserv. (the postig connection still has a problem (msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error.
Error parsing POSTGIS connection information. ) but it is up to me to solve it with PostGis documentation).

So, to sum up:
I took Mapserver 3.5 nightly build sources, extract them in mapserver folder
I took regex-0.12 sources and extract them in the mapserver/regex-0.12 folder
Ran ./configure --with-postgis
Edit the makefile, provided values for REGEX_OBJ and REGEX_INC:
REGEX_OBJ=./regex-0.12/regex.o
REGEX_INC=-I./regex-0.12
Ran make
copy mapserv.exe (981 Kb) to apache/cgi-bin
And use it to display a nice map (the 36646 french communes)

Thanx a lot for the support.

Nicolas

> My guess is that you are not picking up the correct regex package
> see the readme.win32 in the mapserver documentation
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/regex/regex-0.12.tqr.gz
>
> Cheers
>
> Norman

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM