[postgis] Itemquery in postgis

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Sep 3 11:12:40 PDT 2001

Hm, does it take literally "forever" or does it just take a very very
long time? An index on the attribute value you are searching is a good
idea too... itemquery is something we haven't tested, so I bet there is
something amiss in the code.

Ross.Searle at dnr.qld.gov.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to retrieve records from a large table in postgres through an
> itemquery in mapserver. It appears as if mapserver doesn't utilise the index
> for the table as the same query run directly in postgres takes approximately
> 1 sec whereas the same query through mapserver takes forever. Has anyone got
> any clues as to what might be going on
>
> Thanks
> Ross

> The information in this e-mail together with any attachments is
> intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
> and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
>
> Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
> and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
>
> If you have received this message in error, you are asked to
> inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message
> and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your
> computer system network.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM