[postgis] Development Roadmap

Nicolas Ribot nicol at ribot.com
Fri Sep 21 00:13:09 PDT 2001

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Nicolas,
> It sounds like you have big plans! Are these open source projects?

Yes, indeed,  this projects is ambitious. Maybe a little bit too ambitious for 2 developpers...
All these projects will be open source.

> DM Solutions should be releasing an opensource web-based Mapserver
> configuration tool in the next couple months. You might want to wait and
> see how that fits with your plans...

Yes. I saw this prototype yesterday. It is very impressive and seems to fits our needs fully.
So we will concentrate our developement on the other tasks.

> Thanks. SRTEXT will become more important now that we're putting the OGC
> metadata into the database. Would a srtext.sql file of all the known
> SRTEXT forms be useful to people? There is a file which has all the EPSG
> projections in SRTEXT already, and we could add others as they become
> known/used.

I think such a srtext.sql file would be useful.

Regards.
Nicolas

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrFcOC/m5_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM