[postgis-users] Region-style representations

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Apr 22 11:23:59 PDT 2002

Maybe I am misunderstanding regions... I always thought that they were
essentially simple features. In which case, we already do regions. Coverages,
on the other hand, are a whole nother kettle of fish. RDBMS representation of
coverages is kind of an open topic, with not many (any?) commercial
implementations to crib from. I am hoping we can do some interesting stuff
like coverages and networks once SFSQL is done.
P.