[postgis] PATCH: shapetype support in shp2pgsql

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Feb 19 09:47:08 PST 2002

Steffen Macke wrote:

> > Looks like support added for 3D shape files mostly, yes?
> > Anyone want to do support for "measured" shape files? (It's a harder
> > problem... what to do with the measure value?)
>
> Is anybody actually using "measured" shape files? 3D shapes are produces by
> the 3D Analyst and sometimes from converted CAD data. But measured ones
> I've never seen. My biggest problem was that shapefile points ended up as
> multipoints in postgres.

Well, in all honestly, probably not many are using ShapeM files. I think
they are used almost exclusively by the ArcView Network Analyst
extension, and not many people ever bothered with that (excluding some
enviro impact folks working on watershed plans).

> BTW: It would be nice to have a ChangeLog. This would make it easier to
> follow the development.

http://postgis.refractions.net/CVS.txt

Updated hourly.

P.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: pramsey at refractions.net
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Find
the perfect solution in this FREE Guide from VeriSign.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jWSNbC/UdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM