[postgis-users] Fwd: [mapserver-users] Re: Using Itemquery to set map extents

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jun 10 10:22:51 PDT 2002

This seems to bear on Ross's problem with itemquery. I wonder if this is a
change from previous versions of Mapserver...

Subject: [mapserver-users] Re: Using Itemquery to set map extents
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:58:53 -0500
From: "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>
To: <dclark at lri.co.za>
Cc: <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>

David: Itemquery is not purely based on attributes. There is a rectangular
 filter applied first based on a map extent that you supply as part of the
 query or the default stored in the map file. If you're not passing anything
 then you need to define a large enough default extent in your map file.
 Typically that is set to cover your application area.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "David Clark" <dclark at lri.co.za> 06/05/02 06:28AM >>>

Dear All,

I am trying to use an "itemquery" to open a Mapserver map
zoomed in to the extent of a region chosen from a list of region names. I am
 using version 3.5 of Mapserver.

I keep getting the following message:

msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
 found, layer and area of interest do not overlap.

This indicates that the region chosen does not exist, though other query
 types work fine.

I would be grateful if anyone could suggest what I am doing wrong or where I
 can find some example template and  .map files which do the same thing.  I
 found the Itemquery Test Suite site, this looks straightforward but seems to
 be using an older version of Mapserver.

Thanks.

David Clark

Land Resources International