[postgis-users] Accessing PostGIS from ArcView

Armin Burger armin.burger at libero.it
Tue Jun 11 16:45:24 PDT 2002

Graeme,

> Armin,

> I was able to get your extension working under ArcView3.2/WinNT after a
> little
> bit of adjustment.  Note that the password option for pgsql2shp.exe
> should be -P
> not -p in your AVPGCon.LoadTheme script (-p is used for specifying the
> port number).

Thanks for the hint. I corrected it and the corrected version is
downloadable.

Otherwise the load/reload/filtering parameters worked for me.
> Good
> job; I am looking forward to using this.  Another useful bit of
> functionality to
> think about for the future would be allowing SQL views to be retrieved in a
> similar manner to tables.

I have not found a good possibility to retrieve a list of tables and SQL
views from the database. The tables are therefore only read from the PostGIS
table geometry_columns. I only knew the possibility to achieve that with an
ODBC connection but I droped that to keep usage a bit more consistant (a
first version used ODBC). Perhaps somebody knows another dll call to read the
table/view list.

> I like the elephant logo in the dialog box, so I vote to keep it there!

> - Graeme

Armin