[postgis-users] Problem with shp2pgsql, postgis.sql and libpostgis.so.0.7

Luis Mota luis.mota at iscte.pt
Thu Jun 20 12:54:34 PDT 2002

Hi, thanks for your help.

Unfortunatelly, it did not solve my problem...

I am using red hat 7.0 and therefore I added to my ld.so.conf file the
following lines:
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib
/usr/local/pgsql/lib

(I have proj4 installed on /usr/local/lib, I've checked that)

I added the two other directories because I also cannot run shp2pgsql...
I get the following message:
./shp2pgsql: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.2: cannot

What can be causing this? I have libpq.so.2 in /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ and
this directory is on my path...

I still don't understand the error while loading postgis.sql:
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/postgis.sql:218: ERROR:  Load of
file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib/libpostgis.so.0.7 failed:
libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The file exists in that path...

Sorry for all these newbie questions, hope you can help me...

Bye, Luís