[postgis-users] About Compiling MapServer for Win32 with PostGIS

Hisaji ONO hi-ono at mn.xdsl.ne.jp
Tue Jun 25 11:53:13 PDT 2002

Hello.

 I could succedd to compile MapServer with PostGIS support for Win 32 adding
following statements in MapServ's Makefile.vc.

# Optional PostGIS Support.  See http://postgis.refractions.net/
POSTGIS_DIR= ..\postgresql-7.2.1-win32 # PostgreSQL's client lib
POSTGIS=      -DUSE_POSTGIS
POSTGIS_LIB= $(POSTGIS_DIR)/lib/libpqdll.lib
POSTGIS_INC=  -I$(POSTGIS_DIR)/include

 And I must add following statements in GD-1.8.4's Makefile.nt for display
Japanese Characters.

CFLAGS=-O -DHAVE_LIBXPM -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LIBPNG \
       -DHAVE_LIBFREETYPE -DHAVE_LIBTTF -DJISX0208