[postgis] idea for postgis application

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at lignum.com
Wed Mar 13 16:47:51 PST 2002

Paul wrote:
>Any interactive viewer would be sweeeeet, although Mac-only might be a
>bummer for linux'ers like myself. The main issue I forsee w/ interactive
>viewers is avoiding the "crushing load" problem when people are looking
>at large extents on large large tables. (All streams in British
>Columbia, for example.)

Is it realistic to think on doing some sort of on-the-fly filtering of
features to generalize them depending on scale of the query?  Just a
though/question for your Paul.  Perhaps a stored function (right
terminology?) that would filter out various vertex is desired?  I was
originally thinking this would reduce the "load" at the client end but I
guess there would be a server-side processing load increase eh?

Tyler

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!